ITALY CHINA SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION WEEK 2016
The promotion of a long term exchanges between Italy and China on the topic of innovation, science and technology is the main objective of the Italy-China Science, Technology & Innovation Week 2016. The aim is to build technological, productive and commercial partnerships in innovative research-enterprise contexts between the two Countries.
The event is promoted by the Italian side from Ministry of Education, University and Research-MIUR and coordinated by Città della Scienza in collaboration with the National Research Council of Italy, Confindustria (the main Association representing manufacturing and service companies), Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, the University of Bergamo and the main academic and research organizations operating in the field of science, technology and innovation. From the Chinese side it is promoted by the Ministry of Science and Technology-MOST, the Beijing Association for S&T, the Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission-BMSTC, International Technology Transfer Network-ITTN and the main industrial, academic and research organizations in S&T.
The Italy-China Science, Technology & Innovation Week 2016 will take place in Italy on 25th- 27thOctober bringing together with the back to back formula the two main events of the Sino-Italian cooperation: the 7th edition of the China- Italy Innovation Forum and the 10th edition of the Sino-Italian Exchange Event.
The initiative will be held during three days with the institutional event in Naples (October 26-27) in the presence of Minister of Research Stefania Giannini and Minister of Science and Technology Wan Gang; furthermore two territorial focuses will be organized:
- in Bergamo on the topic of Advanced Manufacturing and e-Health (October 25)
- in Bologna on the topic of Agrifood (October 26)
The B2B meetings will be arranged only in Naples.
The Italy-China Science, Technology & Innovation Week follows the format developed over the years: thematic seminars, round tables and B2B meetings between the two countries’ professionals within the institutional framework arranged by the Ministries and the main Italian and Chinese governmental bodies dealing with R&I on the most topical issues of mutual interest.
The highlights of the main event in Naples will consist in:
- the first edition of the Italy-China best startups showcase: a special event for Innovative Startups and Young Talents with the opportunity to meet Italian and Chinese investors and incubators;
- a Digital Fabrication Zone, where ideas developed by Italian and Chinese Makers can be shared in order to create new innovative projects combining “cultural traditions and digital innovation”;
- the Education Programs and Agora and the Academic Exchanges, with the aim to promote academic exchanges and mobility of students, researchers and professors;
- the Smart Cities Area, a showcase of projects and best practices on smart cities and communities;
- a Business Exhibition: Possibility to rent exhibition booths for Italian and Chinese participants interested to expose their projects and technologies
The deadline for the registration is September 30, 2016.
KEY SECTORS: Aerospace – Agrifood – Green Chemistry – Life Sciences & Health – Clean Tech & Environment – Energy – Sustainable Mobility – Blue Growth – New Generation ICT – Smart Factory – Design and Creative Industries – Smart Cities & Communities – Tourism & Cultural Heritage – Education & Training – Socio-Economic Aspects (Open Innovation, Technology Transfer, Finance and Venture Capitals, Intellectual Property)